Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2010

Singapore

So how should I begin. First of all: Mom & Dad, I am still alive and doing great. I have trouble uploading photos from the hostel...I will try to upload some tomorrow from an I-Net cafe.

After my 16 hours flight, including a short stop in London, I landed in Singapore at late noon, not really knowing how to get to my hostel. But people in Singapore are nice and soon I was in the right metro heading to little India. It was still quite warm and humid, but durable even with a backpack at that time of the day. I stayed two nights at an Australian bar/hostel (Prince of Wales). The hostel was very clean and people were nice. The dorm consisted of approximately 20 loft beds. While being shown the facilities I met 2 German girls. 10 minutes later (after taking a shower) we were on our way to the night zoo (quite nice but touristy and expensive). On the way back we stopped at an Indian restaurant...and what should I say: the food was great! The next day, after getting up at 9 (didn't really had to fight a jet lag) we (Jasmin, Andrea and myself) had breakfast (two eggs and two toasts were included in the price (18 S$)...a cooking corner was outside, next to the house) and made a power sightseeing tour. I really walked my ass off...but it was worth it. Singapore is a very clean & modern city, reminding me a bit of Dubai. But fines, e.g. for drinking in the bus, are enormous. Got more than one reminder from the girls :). After visiting different sites and the national museum we had a splendid lunch in Chinatown. As the girls had to check in at their new hostel, I made a side trip to the cafe del mar (nice place for laying back...but one of the most expensive). On the way back to the city center I got lost and took a taxi to the Singapore Marina, where I made some nice shots of Singapore at night. The the next day I made my way to Melaka.

2 Kommentare:

  1. KL und Malaysia is noch besser und cheaper Sigi lebt in KL Mob 0060-12-6063590
    gruss papa

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. nice! we want to see photos :-) gruss, bo

    AntwortenLöschen